Two Neocons Solving the Worlds Problems

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

A Trip to the Rockies



I attended the Rocky Moutain Blogger Bash this weekend. Being from Shreveport, Louisiana, I'm hardly a Rocky Moutain Blogger, but the "Bash" aspires to be more than a local party, and I, frankly, aspire to get linked by the likes of Stephen Green, Zombyboy (David to his friends), ColoradoPsycho, Protein Wisdom, Colorado Conservative, or even Talk Left (if only to disagree).

You read right. This was a bipartisan blog party held within a week of the most bitterly fought presidential campaign in memory. There are no greater passionate partisans than bloggers, so you might be wondering how this was accomplished.

In a word: Song. Whenever passions threatened to flare up, people would start singing. First it was old standards, next it was television shows. I distinctly remember "Love Boat" and that "Tell Me More" song from "Grease."

Corny...you betcha, but it worked and, personally it was an antidote to the tensions of the last few weeks years. This was a great starting point for the new political discourse that Phil is calling for.

Speaking of Phil, I finally got to meet he and his wife in person on this trip. He is just as intelligent, funny, and interesting a guy as you would expect from reading The Speculist. And, like me, he married well.

Thanks Phil for being such a good host!

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Stop it, you're embarrassing me!

;-)

Stephen, maybe you should start organizing the Louisiana bloggers. (Or are they already organized?) Then I can come to your party since I blog over here sometimes!

November 9, 2004 at 4:14 PM

 
Blogger Beyond Words said...

I'd organize the Iowa bloggers bash...but, don't everyone rush at once.

November 10, 2004 at 6:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
No More Idle Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Rapidly Search Movies, Games, Music, Applications and Download Them at Maxed Out Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]

February 6, 2010 at 9:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,Just registered here and looking to have a great time. I am looking for the best cash gifting program out there in the internet. Can you guide me?

Below are some sites that I found and I am not sure how much they are going to help me.
[url=http://www.squidoo.com/Residual-Cash-Forever-Cash-Gifting-System]cash gifting[/url]
[url=http://www.squidoo.com/Residual-Cash-Forever-Cash-Gifting-System]join cash gifting[/url]
[url=http://www.squidoo.com/Residual-Cash-Forever-Cash-Gifting-System]best cash gifting program[/url]

March 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home