Two Neocons Solving the Worlds Problems

Thursday, September 23, 2004

R2D2 Would Win in a Landslide



Warning: If you're drinking a soft drink, take your last swallow and put the can down before reading further. Otherwise you will blow it out your nose:

...with all the political crap flowing through the news wires…I'd thought I'd take time to check in on some old childhood friends--namely the Star War Trilogy which just came out on DVD...

But as I tried to get into those stories again, my mind kept going back to the spin I'm faced with on a daily basis. Something was nagging me. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but then it dawned on me. Threepio, with his constant negativity and bitching, was starting to sound like John Kerry...

THREEPIO:
We'll be destroyed for sure. This is madness!
We're doomed!
Secret mission? What plans? What are you talking about? I'm not getting in there!
Are you sure this things safe?
How did I get into this mess? I really don't know how.
No more adventures. I'm not going that way.
That malfunctioning little twerp. This is all his fault! He tricked me into going this way, but he'll do no better.
And R2D2 is the very essence of Dubya. Sure you can't understand what he's saying half the time, sure he kind of swaggers when he walks, but if you've got to take on the Death Star or search the spooky swamps of Dagobah for an ally, he's the one you want with you, not C3PO.

UPDATE: James Taranto runs even further with this meme.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beyond Words said...

This is priceless. I must link to it today so people can read it!

September 23, 2004 at 2:28 PM

 
Blogger Joseph Horan said...

Stephen,
Pure genius!!! I love it! This might be one the best analogies I've seen yet. Good work.

September 24, 2004 at 6:18 AM

 
Blogger Stephen Gordon said...

Kathy and Joseph:

Of course the original comparison between Kerry and C3PO was at "Swimming Through the Spin."

I just added my "Dubya as R2D2" take on it.

September 24, 2004 at 9:14 AM

 
Blogger Stephen Gordon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 24, 2004 at 12:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home